Re: just a couple of quick questions..

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 14:39:50 -0000

>And I suspect that like talismans you cannot have a handy spare
>Grimoire either.
>Though I can't remember it saying so anywhere at the moment.

I don't recall it saing so either, but I'd infer it form (a ) the rules for Talismans and (b) because if you could then taking your grimoire out with you wouldn't be such a big deal -doubly so if you allow the copy to be made "free" in "downtime"

> Not sure what happens if you "obtain" a Grimoire that is already
linked
> or whether it is a personal link that is required per Grimoire.

I think there must be a personal element, since 2 wizards can have talismans linked to the same spell, but one wizard can't have 2 talismans linked to the same spell (or one talisman linked twice)

> In other words can they be nicked and used.
> Or would that require extensive research etc before you could
establish
> your own personal link ?

On the other hand, it must be possible to make use of a Grimoire that you didn't create yourself, and doing so ought to be easier than either copying or (definitely) creating the thing from scratch. Of course this is more of a Sorcery approach than a Wizardly one. Other Sects may worship the same Invisible God we do, but they do it wrong so there Grimoires are heretical...