Re: Trading wounds for AP; Orlanth Rex

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_...>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 13:09:31 -0700

Alain asked

>1/ As already discussed on this list, I think it could make sense to
>allow (depending on the circumstances) a loser to trade 7 AP for a
>wound as well (for example, if running short of AP). What was the
>conclusion on this topic ?

I think this is a bad idea. You lost the exchange, after all -- you're not in a position to do anything specific. Your attacker's plan won.

And it would make it even harder to take out a tough opponent, who could easily afford the -1 penalty.

If you for some reason want to allow it anyway, I suggest the loser could trade some lesser amount, like 5 AP, for a -1 penalty wound.

Douglas asked

>is it still no dice on a Linux KoDP?

Correct, since Quark shows no sign of releasing our runtime engine in any form, let alone Linux.

Wulf, you are still not using blank lines to separate quote from response. It's hard to read.

Jeff claimed

>That's why folks who are nobles usually end up runnign things-- having
>Orlanth Adv/Rex from the start really helps the rise to power.

Hmm, it's unclear what the entry requirement to Orlanth Rex is: "clan leader or king." King is pretty clear (presumably it's tribal king), but "clan leader" could mean just chiefs, just the inner ring, or even the outer ring. I'm sure it's not the outer ring, but I can't remember what conclusion we came to in Enclosure about this...

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein