Re: Mutli-culting seems to be out ?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:02:14 +1300

At 03:28 AM 10/21/03 +0000, you wrote:

>With the new rules and the definations of concentration and devotee
>it would seem that multi-culting is now very rare. I dont mind
>this, except that it does go contrary to a lot of older stuff that
>my players (and me) grew up with from RQ and HW (particularly all
>the notes about sub cults and changing cults in Storm Tribe etc).

I don't see anything that prevents devotees changing cults in heroquest. The only restriction is that you can't if you have learned the secret. Concentration only makes all theistic magic easier (at the expense of everything else).

>In the Pavis and Big Rubble campaign would it be reasonable for
>Orlanthi and Pavis to be considered 'allied' and thus allow cross
>over? Or is the variance too great? (Out of Pantheon?)

Given that Orlanth and Pavis weren't allied cults in Runequest, I don't think there is any easy way for a Orlanthi devotee to also be an initiate of Pavis. That does not prevent people from doing it, mind you, but they are unusual enough to be notable.

--Peter Metcalfe