Re: Argument Overridden

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:28:12 -0000

Actualy, with regard to the tentacles combat, I have to agree with Paul. Slipping free of the tentacles and stabbing the beast are different activities for which different abilities are likely to be appropriate. Whatever ability you use, I'd probably impose an apropriateness modifier.

However slipping free and tying the beast up with it's own tentacles with a wrestling ability is fine, with no penalty, since wresling is clearly appropriate to both slipping free and tangling the creature up. Obviously the degree of success would indicate how far the character succeeded. A simple AP gain for the character menas he slipped free but couldn't tye up the creature. A big AP transfer to the character indicates substantial success at both actions.

Simon Hibbs