RE: Re: Implicit and explicit factors in Extended Contests

From: stephenmcg_at_...
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 17:17:59 -0000

No argument here. Paul was worried that Roderick was ruling out low AP bids and I was pointing out that not allowing someone that wanted to jump over a hedge and hack a beast to death was ruling out high AP bids.

If the action was diving over a hedge and driving aspear into the eye of a wyvern then the GM would want to come to some agreement over the size of the AP bid and what would be the most appropriate skill to use.

I just wanted to point out that a high AP bid in this case shouldn't be ruled out because the GM thought that there should first be a small bid to overcome the obstacle of the hedge.