RE: Re: Beings that break the otherworld boundaries

From: Andrew Solovay <asolovay_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 10:20:46 -0800

Alex Ferguson <mailto:abf_at_...> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 07:43:50AM -0800, Chris Lemens wrote:
>> Obviously, my overall point is that this is a very
>> narrow exception to the rule--far narrower than the
>> Lunars, for example.
>
> I think you're interpreting Andrew's point in a more limited way than
> he (seems to have) had in mind; the topic is, after all, crossing
> otherworld boundaries, and Storm Bull/Urox is an extremely clear
> example of that.

Aye. But certainly it was sloppy for me to say worshippers "freely" use magic from all three worlds. All we know, as Chris says, is that Uroxi/Storm Khans can use whatever magic they get in the Eternal Battle, whether it's feats or spirits. (And presumably Tauroxi can get feats and spirits in the EB, besides the spells they have from their order.)

My main point, though, was that while the Lunars are presented almost as a unique exception to the concentrated magic rules, it actually looks like there are exceptions all over the place, if you look hard enough.