Re: Re: Spirit Travel

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 00:30:36 +0100

With a bit of judicial cut-n-paste to save repetition...

On Sat, 20 May 2000 23:13:35 -0000, " JEFFREY KYER" <jeff.kyer_at_...> wrote:

>> OK, despite reading all the bits I can find that relate to it, I
>still
>> have a problem figuring how a Shaman gets through that 10W3 barrier
>> the Spirit Plane.

>All these things add up, but getting to the spirit plane is a
>non-trivial thing, it would seem. Apparently, one cna get spirits
>for
>fetishes without going to the spirit plane (or so it seems to me)
>espeically if they know the name of the spirit involved.

Yup, you give some very relevant suggestions, and I agree, if a Shaman can refill a fetish after every use, he can't have to go through all this rigmarole every time, but...

>> Draw Summoning Circle ability Is this a simple Ability Check, or is there a
>> Resistance? Is the circle permanent, or must it be done new every
>> time? I know there's a duration chart, but that just makes it more
>> difficult to succeed. And how does it help Spirit World Travel?

That's my main problem. Is the Circle a help, or just a necessary minimum requirement?

>> Spirit World Travel ability, I
>> guess a Fetch also adds its Ability in?

Anyone proffer an opinion?

>Also, if it is treated as an extended contest, his buddies can lend
>him AP and augment his ability based on their skills and tradition
>knowleges. And having a spirit ally helps too, as I recall.

AP are not much help if she (not he...) has an ability of about 18W with augments against a resistance of 10W3! A Hero Point would be SOME use, but expensive.

Wulf