RE: spare the extended contests

From: Graham, Andrew <agraham_at_...>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:03:50 -0000

> > > Still haven't figured out what to do about gifts
> > that
> > > grant extra AP, though :(
>
> > How about the following.
> > Normally AP comes from a suitable skill so assume
> > the AP is an ability
> > [All be it an undefined one] and take an auto
> > augment from the AP score.
> > Just like a follower who can either give AP or an
> > Augment.
>
> It's an idea, quite possibly a useful one in some
> circumstances. But my Humakti whose gift gives her one
> (yes, ONE) extra AP per round in combat may not find
> this particularly useful :(

Ah... That one. No you have got me there. Not sure how you could model that in a simple contest.

Unless you break the rules for a simple contest and allow a re-roll [With the wound from the first roll of course] on a marginal failure in combat.
With high levels of defeat your +1AP per round extra would just not come into it so no re-roll.

> (That gift was never exactly overpowered compared with
> the geas that goes with it in any case, of course.)
Very true, but very Humakti.

Andy

This E-Mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and may be
privileged and are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the information in it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you have received this E-Mail in error please return it to the sender.
We should be grateful if you would also copy the communication to postmaster_at_... then delete the E-Mail and destroy any copies of it.

It is your responsibility to scan any attachments for viruses.

For further information, visit us at WWW.MITSUIBABCOCK.COM