Re: What's wrong with Kathy??

From: Moah, platypus powaaa! <MOAH_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:14:29 +0100

bigblackcatmail wrote:

> As a newbie to HeroQuest, I found the examples less than helpful at times. I
> also was unclear on how a session of HeroQuest was *supposed* to go. Although
> I was thankful for the many examples that detailed specific tasks and
> resolution in the game, I could've really used a larger transcript of
> *actual* play. I appreciated the two page example on Extended Contests, but
> felt I needed a bit more to grok how the game went outside of Extended
> Contests.

I don't know/understand what else would really need explanation in the game session. I can see character creation needing more clarification, but I think the rest of the game is played like any other RPG. Narrator describes what happens, players say what they do, narrator describes, etc. When something isn't automatic, the narrator decides there's a roll. It can be two kind of rolls:

> Are there any particular reasons why so many people on this forum think Kathy
> sucks?

Tempting... so tempting. And easy too.

Moah, platypus powaaa!