Re: Re: Stacking Magic - and mundane abilities?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:50:58 -0800

> > > A question: can an initiate use one of his affinities to augment a
> > > friend? For example, can my character use his Combat affinity to
> > > augment a comrade's spear and shield fighting ability during combat?
> >
> > Yep - magic can be cast on a buddy.
>
> Still waiting for my HQ to get delivered by retail: Can one buddy use
> his affinity on several buddies? Meaning an average magical augment by
> number of party members times 2 (useful) affinities in a well-prepared
> situation?

Yes, but...

I'd tend to say "You can cast magic three times before the contest" (keeping in with the three-casting pre-contest limitation we've already discussed). If he wants to take a Multiple Targets penalty then he can cast it on several people in one "Casting". Note that he can't use the Auto Augment rules for casting on multiple targets - he'll have to roll for it, since he faces penbalties.

(Yes, I know, you can use the multiple casting rule to get more than 3 augments-via-magic before the contest using my rationalization here. Deal with it.)

If he wants to cast it during the contest, then again it has the multiple target penalty (-3/person after the first)

RR
- Richelieu