Re: A REVIEW I SHALL NOT SUBMIT

From: Hannu Kokko <Hannu.Kokko_at_...>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 09:50:59 +0300

on 21.5.2000 02:25, Michael Cule at mikec_at_... wrote: ).

> A detail I confess I had missed. I'm not sure it's enough to make me
> change my mind.

Hi everybody

I think that we early and late playtesters have to read the rules very, very closely and check that we do not play with the playtest experience and the playtest rules, playtest preconceptions. At least I will have to. There might be subtle differences in the rules (and new wrongs where a right should be).

For example this only flows with criticals changes things hugely if I understood the statement from Roderick correctly. Instead of each blow causing flow my players will see that only "rarely" will they gain new AP's during combat. The major gripe that we have had is that my Orlanthi warrior will just fight the Lunars one at a time at the same melee and after awhile he will have invincible amount of Ap's in hand. With the new thing he will only sometimes gain AP's, more often he will lose them or take them away from his opponent. This seems a change in very good direction: losing AP's is more like taking wounds and losing blood. More "realistic" IMHO

I will get my rulebook from the mail on Monday :-)

--hannu