RE: Entering the Other Side

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_...>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 08:41:34 +0100

Wulf wrote:

> Entering the Spirit Realm is resisted by 10W3! Wow, I need to read that
> stuff on boosting magic with rituals, groups, items, and all that...

All of which was put in a different book for some reason (it doubtless seemed like a good idea at the time).

The basic rule of thumb is: knock off one W of difficulty on a high holy day, one W for being in a sanctuary, and one W for having zippy ritual paraphernalia (HW p.237). The community boost is a bonus, too.

This makes launching a 10W3 Other Side journey pretty much a no-brainer for any competent priest or shaman, *if* they're doing it properly. If you *have* to do it impromptu, you'd be wise to invest some time in (for Orlanthi) waiting for Windsday, going to a hilltop, and bringing your best toys along. And a bunch of good mates, naturally...

Regards, Nick