RE: Superhero levels

From: Nicolas Hughes <nicolas.hughes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 14:47:00 -0000

Message: 13
   Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 22:12:49 -0000
   From: "flynnkd2" <flynnkd_at_...>
Subject: Re: Where's the traffic?

>So what I am geting at is that 10w4 to me is the base skill of the
>hero, un-augmented... and with augments they will rocket up to ?w6
>more likely, and to me be worthy super heroes.

That is what it says; 10w4 best combat ability. All their other abilities and magic take that as a starting point from which to augment. I suspect that the Moonsword grants a greater augment than your average sharpened lump of bronze.

Given that superheroes have bands of utterly dedicated supporters who are themselves at or close to hero level I'd say that the final rating would be more like W7 than W6. Fully pumped up they would be higher again.

Also, at this level the extra power of magical attacks really squashes mundane skill abilities. If your 1-year character has 5w1 magical defences then they are going to last exactly as long as it takes the superhero to use their magical Terrify Puny Mortal To Death 5w4.

--
Nic

This e-mail and any attachments are strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee. They may contain information which is covered by legal, professional or other privilege. If you are not the intended addressee, you must not copy the e-mail or the attachments, or use them for any purpose or disclose their contents to any other person. To do so may be unlawful. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify us as soon as possible and delete the message and attachments from all places in your computer where they are stored.

Although we have scanned this e-mail and any attachments for viruses, it is your responsibility to ensure that they are actually virus free.