Re: Followers (was Re: Where's the traffic?)

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 08:17:21 -0800

> These are not followers, so, no, they can't be used to add AP IMO. I think
> that breaks the system. But following up on Jane's idea, an army is a
> community of sorts (if you've been in the military, you know what I mean).
> Moreso in a Gloranthan environment than modern day, where armies are all
the
> men from a village or something. The point is that, before a battle, the
> leader would appeal to the people for support in the upcoming battle. If
he
> succeeds he gets the community support modifier. Then it's just a high
> powered rolling contest between the two leaders who use their pools for
> maneuvers and such.

This is why I've compared the Herowars/Quest system to the programming language Perl - "There is no wrong way". Thee are enough different ways of doing things that *I* forget half of them! (and since I use exactly this mechanism in the miniatures game I've been writing I don't really have an excuse...)

RR
- Richelieu