Re: The Opposite of Wounding: Building

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:43:53 -0000

> >I was kind of assuming a simple contest, whereas you're kind of
> >assuming an extended contest. The problem is we need a system that
> >works well in both cases.
>
> I'm with Nic in that I think that if it's important, that you'll
make it an
> extended contest. ...

I think that's a matter of taste. Frankly I can't imagine ever wanting to run task such as 'Build House' or 'Paint Portrait' as an extended contest, but it would be nice to be able to use this system with tasks like those.

As for the idea of running simple contests as on-exchange extended contests... Hmmm. I've got to think about that one. From a practical point of view, the problem is that every time the player loses that exchange they'll want to continue the contest so they can win. Well, my players anyway.

Simon Hibbs