RE: The Opposite of Wounding: Building

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:55:37 -0600

>From: "Nicolas Hughes" <nicolas.hughes_at_...>
>
> From: "Mike Holmes" <homeydont_at_...>
>Subject: RE: The Opposite of Wounding: Building

> >The problem with this all is that the end result range has nothing to do
> >with either the Ability of the character attempting the task, nor with
>the
> >Resistance of the task.
>
>Which is no more or less true of this than it is of any extended contest.

Hence another reason I like these alterations.

>If it is dramatically important enough to spend the playing-time on an
>extended contest then I would be open to the possiblity of the contest
>having a dramatic outcome even if that seemed out of proportion to the
>skills in use. After all you can get killed by an equal opponent in an
>extended contest far more easily than you could in a simple contest.
>Its a feature of the system.

I agree to all that. The thing is that my version of the system does all that, and takes skill into account as well. To be very precise, right now, if you do what I'm calling a one-rounder (replaces Simple Contests), the most you can build is your AP. Only by using a multi-rounder can you go beyond that by up to 15 points.

Mike

Take advantage of our best MSN Dial-up offer of the year � six months _at_$9.95/month. Sign up now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup