Re: Armour

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 18:27:09 -0800

Christian

>I think you all know that scene from The Lord Of The Rings movie. The battle
>with the cavetroll in moria.
>Frodo has this mithril-chainshirt. How would you play this ?
>Just giving the shirt a high bonus doesnt seem apropiate to me .
>Maybe the shirt as an ability?

It's a magic item, so it's appropriate to have it as an ability. (Over time, Frodo could learn to move better in armor, trust it in certain situations, etc.)

One could "simulate" the scene by saying that Frodo's roll was over his target number when not augmented, but not over it when he augmented with the mithril shirt. Thus his armor saved him.

--

David Dunham