Re: hero points and affinity modifiers

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 21:21:34 +0100

On Sun, 21 May 2000 20:09:50 -0000, "markmohrfield " <markmohrfield_at_zoomtown.com> wrote:

>Two questions this time

Two answers...

>1. When using hero points to bump up a success level, do you have to
>declare your intent to do so before you make the role, or after?

Hero POINT, more accurately, only one HP can be used to bump a single roll. And as it doesn't say otherwise, I'd say afterwards. Actually, pedantically, it says '...bump any result by one step.' Well, it's not a 'result' until after you've rolled it, so you must bump after the roll :)

>2. What is the modifier that an initiate applies to his affinity
>ability?

Interesting. I thought it was multiples of -5 now.

And no, that wasn't really an answer, so only 1 1/2 answers (I wanted to use a funny symbol for the 1/2, but I couldn't find it...).

Wulf