Re: hero points and affinity modifiers

From: JEFFREY KYER <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 23:56:05 -0000

After -- I think the examples in the book show this.

Besides, they are there to move the plot along and save your butt. If
you had to use them in advance, they'd be much less useful in getting you out of scrapes and tight fixes...

> 2. What is the modifier that an initiate applies to his affinity
> ability? Is it the standard -3 stated on page 121 of Hero Wars,
> Roleplaying in Glorantha, or -5, as the writeup of the NPC Zhorada

I thought it was a -5. I give a -5 to improvise those feats acceptable to the god (such as the list of feats given to devotees) and a -worsethanthat (usually a 10) for those which are less 'suited' to that god.

But that would just be me.

Jeff