Re: Spirit Combat

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 13:20:23 -0000

> Am I right in thinking the spirit combat ability is one that
everybody can
> reasonably be expect to have and therefore default to 6?

No, you can't attack, but defend at the standard resistance of 14, if you haven't got a better ability (your Narrator may allow stuff like 'Strong Willed 5W' at a decent Improv. Penalty). So on your actions, you can't attack, and would do well to start looking for a way to improve your defences; on it's attack, you can defend, and it can lose, dropping AP. Anyone disagree?

> Where do Elementals fit into the grand order of things?

Well, Air Elemenmtals fit up above, Earth Elementals fit down below... oh, sorry, I see what you mean :) There are some 'elementalish' spirits given, specifically a Fire Spirit. There may be more precise definitions of true Elementals given somewhere else, but these seem to fit the bill.

Personally, I've just realised that a Shaman's Fetch is a full spirit, with innate abilities usable by the Shaman... but do they act as Talents used by the Shaman, or are we back to RQ2-style Fetches with actions of their own? Ans when do they act in an extended contest, with the Shaman or separately?

Wulf