Yahoo! Is Up to Its Usual Shenanigans

From: Morrigan Enterprises <morriganenterprises_at_...>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 15:23:45 -0000

Guys & Gals,

I got this message from another Yahoo! group I am on. I thought you might want to know.

Yahoo! is now using something called "Web Beacons" to track Yahoo! Group users around the 'net to see what they're doing, where they're going, etc. Web beacons seem to be similar to cookies. Take a look at their updated privacy statement:

http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/pixels/details.html

About halfway down the page, in the section "Outside the Yahoo! Network", you'll see a little "click here" link that will let you opt out of their new method of snooping. I strongly recommend that you do this. Once you have clicked that link, you are opted out - notice the "Success" message the top the next page. *Be careful* - because on that page there is a "Cancel Opt Out" button that, if clicked, will undo the opt out!

Please feel free to forward this to other Yahoo! groups.

Regards,

Philip