Re: follower actions vs. multiple attackers

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 13:04:48 -0800

> Ah, I'm re-reading the rules and saw the multiple attacks rule yesterday.
Wow,
> quite difficult that : direct malus from the number of attacks you try (ie
:
> trying to hit three different guys, you get a -6) and the opponents will
use
> their best result to 'parry'.
>
> Till then, I authorised a first action at 0, a second attack if wanted,
at -3, a
> third at -6 and so on. And with a normal 'parry' from the opponent. Maybe
it was
> not in Her Wars either...

There is only one dice roll on your turn, no matter how many actions you are doing. So if you are attacking three people, you don't roll three times, you only roll once. If you are Swinging on a chandelier, jumping off and rolling to pick up a throwing knife and throwing it at your opponent, all in one round, there is still only one roll (unless the narrator stops you and breaks it up into two or more rounds).

(BTW, I disagree with the rules that require a two rolls to use, say, Mile Throw Javelin (one to cast the magic on the javelin, one to hit the target with the now-magic'd javelin).)

RR
- Richelieu