Re: Re: Followers and Multiple Attackers

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 22:31:23 -0800

> >I'm thinking that when facing more than one opponent the value of the
> >defence is reduced by 3 per opponent so that Balastor would enter the
> >contest at 20W rather than 10W3.
>
> He can be faced by no more than 6 trollkin at a time, so only 5 of
> them can give a multiple attacker penalty. So he'd be at 15W2.

The first opponent is "free". The "Rule of Six" would therefor indicate that a surrounded Balastar would get a -15 penalty (1 free, then -3x5 for the rest).

However, the Rule of Six is only a guideline, and page 186 specifically mentions that smaller creatures may get mmore attackers in. Visualize the fight. A trollkin is between 3-4 feet high, so how many can attack? do they have spears so they can attack from the second rank? Will they climb over the defender, literally swamping him with their bodies?

RR
- Richelieu