Re: Re: maps; Resourceful; lawspeaker

From: Frank Rafaelsen <rafael_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 16:27:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 20 May 2000, David Dunham wrote:

> > lawspeaker seems like an advanced occupational keyword. Isn't lawspeaker a
> > very specific position on the clan ring? Wouldn't sage, or something to
> > that effect, be a better basic keyword, making lawspeaker an advanced
> > 'political' occupation?
>
> I don't think the Heortlings in Sartar have much need for sages
> (Jonstown being one exception, but probably the only one). And you
> certainly don't have to be on the ring to be an expert in the law,
> called upon by the clan chief for legal advice.

Oops, a bad choice of words on my behalf. I wasn't referring to Lhankor Mhy Sages, just to 'men of learning'. Sage was the first word that popped into my head.

So to restate my problem: Shouldn't the basic keyword be something like 'Man of Learning', while lawspeaker, a specific political position in the clan, should be an advanced keyword?

Ha en god dag!
Frank Rafaelsen