Re: Questions

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 12:57:59 +0000 (GMT)

> >In fact.... ah, *both* brothers are fatally ill.
> Twins
> >do this... And the Humakti is looking for a
> >replacement for some task or other he's taken on.
>
> Very nice. Good luck with it.

I can't use it as a scenario, but I might someday write the story. Added to "to-do" list, position 99, ETA about 20 years...

Trouble is, I can't see how anyone else could play it as a scenario, either, without some major re-writing of "their" clan to fit all these people in. It would need to be some "other" clan that they're "just visiting", or something.

Ideas, anyone? If this can be used, it might be worth polishing a bit. If not, my compulsive invention of stories may have to be reined in and redirected to something more useful.

> For an extra bit of tragedy, there is a
> cure for the disease, but
> it's a CA thing, and the Humakti a) doesn't know
> about it or b) won't ask
> for it or c) the local CA gyrda won't give it.

Yeah!
He doesn't know about it: if he did, I don't see any reason why he'd object to it being supplied for his brother. But he himself of course has the "no healing from non-Humakti" geas, which the heroes don't find out about until *after* they've obtained the cure. There will be a few hints of course (lots of scars).

I'm not even sure this is an "illness" as such. Maybe some kind of family curse, that's why the Humakti twin is so sure it'll apply to both of them. "Once you have your first grey hair, you will waste away within a year and a day", or something.

Jane Williams

Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your friends today! Download Messenger Now http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/download/index.html