RE: Re: When is a Hero ready (was: mechanics of myth)?

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:20:12 -0600

>From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
>
>Mike
>
> >the door should hardly be the biggest obstacle.
>
>It could be. 10W3 is more than most characters can handle. The thing
>is, the crossing is handled differently, with rituals and often a
>large group of helpers. If I were to speculate, it may be a design
>feature to encourage players to have the support of groups, otherwise
>they'll never be able to heroquest.

Yeah, I'm starting to see the passage across as more of a barrier to casually undertaking HQs. That is, you need support to do them, essentially, unless you're a hero already. As such, that resistance probably doesn't have a bearing on the resistances found thereafter.

Mike

One-click access to Hotmail from any Web page � download MSN Toolbar now! http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/