RE: Further printing errors

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_...>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 22:57:26 +0100

Wulf wrote:

> Just a note for the Eratta, the 'c' in 'Grace' of 'Coup de Grace' is
> printed as a comma (,). Not vital, just for completeness.

Note that the Coup de Gr,ce also appears at http://www.glorantha.com/hw/glossary.html, which may help anyone running diagnostics...

May as well chuck in all the overseas GTA members' misprinted names while we're about it. (BTW, can anyone get their name listed in BLOCK CAPITALS, or did somebody pay lots of extra money for that prominence?)

> More importantly, the Heroic Consequences Table is screwed on the
> demo pack and the box handouts.

That *is* bad.

> And we do need some clarification on the 'standard' Improvisation
> Modifier, is it -3 or -5? Various rules and examples disagree

That is also very bad. The purist in me is somewhat upset by the way the 'standard' number jumps around between -3 (Improv), -5 (Improv), 6 (Unskilled), 10 (some rules), 14 (standard resistance)... also when numbers are given as ranges of e.g. "-1 to -9" when the simple answer is to say "-5" and caveat somewhere that all specific numbers are subject to GM (sorry, Narrator) fiat.

Anyway, there's a new Lindsay Davis due out next week. So I'm happy.

Cheers, Nick