Re: Gaining Hero Points

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:19:19 -0000

I hadn't noticed the change.

Handing out a point each session is a problem in my game, since the pressures of schedule usually mean that we only have 3 hour long sessions. Add in the fact that some sessions only involve in-character discussion about what to do, and we've ended up with some heroes having a stock of 35+ HP.

My game consciously runs on the premise that "it's not whether you can do something, it's what is it that you should do" so the Heroes tend to discuss and seek intelligence before committing. It got so predictable at one point that when they beggan thinnking of getting a guardian spirit, I suggested that it should be bound in their manor house's dinner table. Because they spent so much time there talking about what to do.

I'd revoke the 1/session habit, but since most of the players travel over an hour to get to the game it seems like a nice little kudo.

Then again, they're about to step into a heroquest from Horn Gate to Jaldon's Rest and they're both in a hurry and poorly prepared. So those point pools will probably thin considerably.

Mike Dawson