Re: Week 3 rule questions...

From: Morrigan Enterprises <morriganenterprises_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 00:20:46 -0000

Steve scribbled:

>>There's a vingan devotee trying to
>>use her "run on treetops" feat to
>>move quickly over the forest... I
>>was making her roll for the feat
>>every time she wanted to start
>>again (i.e. she ran to one spot (1
>>roll) threw a javelin at a broo, and
>>ran to another spot...

I would rule likewise, but I'd narrate it quite differently. You have her stopping?!? She's improvising a "Stand on Top of a Tree, Take Aim and Throw a Javelin" feat from "Run on Treetops"?!? A -20 modifier *at least*. I'd suggest that she *doesn't* stop running (and therefore doesn't need to keep checking her "Run on Treetops" feat). However, she'd have a negative modifier for hurling the javelin on the run... If she were using a "Fly" feat, you wouldn't rule that she stopped flying to throw the javelins, would you?

>>...the hunter (running for his life
>>from 4 broo) discovered he didn't
>>have a run skill...

Did the broo have "Run" skills? What were they using to try to catch him?

>>He asked whether it was possible
>>to use his movement affinity as his
>>base...

I'd certainly allow him to resist the broo with that. He doesn't need to be *fast* to escape them, just mobile. Assuming help is at hand, of course.

Bruce said:

>>...he can only use the affinity to
>>augment.

No, he can use it to *resist* the broos' goal.

Regards,

Philip M