Re: Re: War clan vs mixed clan

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 10:27:16 -0800

> > Finally, and purely mundanely, you may well see heavier average
> > armor, the result of generations of investment and looting.
>
> These are a range of mostly 'fuzzy', or at least continuous qualities
> though. My understanding is that it's the nature of the wyter that
> _determines_ whether a given clan is a War clan (etc). In so far as a
> discrete such designation is meaningful...

Pretty much correct - a "War Clan" wyter will have more aggressive functions ("Bless Sword" vrs "Make Fields Fruitful") than a "Peace" clan. Answering more "Earth-based" rather than "Storm Based" in th questionaire is likely to give you a "peace" rathee than "war" clan, because the abilities your wyter picks up will be tilted that way.

Of course, you'll note that the idea really didn't passed into OiD - you don't end up with a "Peace" or "War" clan at the end of the questionare, unlike earlier versions of the questionaire and KoDP.

RR
- Richelieu