Re: Keywords: What Are They?

From: flynnkd2 <flynnkd_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 22:27:24 -0000

.

> So, what's your take on the keyword rules, and is there a point to
listing
> them at their level other than shorthand? If so, what? And if a
keyword is
> all of these things, then doesn't that mean that David's Heroes
aren't going
> to see any increase in important areas? Or is the use so
infrequent as to
> make kewyword increases unimportant?
>
> The Saga system seemed to me to show a way to easily bump up the
character
> in a way that means that they've become more experienced not just
in
> specifics, but in those "little ways" that a default would
indicate best.
> Does the rest of the system support this?
>
> Mike

My group does use them. In fact they go out of their way to convince me a new skill falls under a keyword so that it does start at 17 and not 13. They also regularly make use of the keyword as a default skill, especially if a warrior.

I see the keyword as the default minimum competency level of someone acting in that role. When you graduate warrior school you do so with Warrior 17. etc.