RE: Mythic Russia: No Common Magic

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:00:01 -0500

>From: "Mark Galeotti" <mark_at_...>

>5. No common magic as such, but far more scope for using the Natural
>Magic rules for odd knacks. This is one of the definite differences
>between Glorantha and Russia: I don't want ordinary peasants having
>active magic, although they can still pray for protection and even
>miracles and use their piety as 'magic resistance.' Likewise, odd
>little knacks such as herbal cures or the like can either be normal
>abilities or Natural Magic.

Just to clarify. You're taking away common magic, but you don't want active magic? That seems contradictory, as common magic is the source of passive magic. Don't knacks and such get used actively? So isn't wanting more of them a contradiction, too? I'm not getting the vision of what you're trying to do here.

Mike