RE: Digest Number 63

From: Nick Hollingsworth <nick.hollingsworth_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 12:55:31 +0100

David Boatright:
> The only thing that disturbs me is the complete lack of
> any sort of mention of the RMM

Yes. I sneaked into the 'thanks' list just for playing at a couple of conventions and muttering "group combat seems a bit pants". While the Megacorp have slogged their guts out to keep Glorantha going and greatly enrich it for the common good, albeit they did it for the fun of it. I was very suprised not to see them get a Big Thank You.

Tim Ellis:
> In terms of a "thanks for keeping the light shining in the
> darkness" ...

Rather an understatement Tim. Howabout, <Sycophancy>
  bringing back from the void, building a community, inspiring   the faithfull to great things and contributing swathes of   core material.
</Sycophancy>

However, everything could yet turn out sufficiently huggy-kissy. You could argue that they principly contributed to _Glorantha_ rather than HeroWars. And thus that their thank-you is being held back for the Glorantha Book. If said book ships with a leading page thanking them (and other con runners, publishers and writers) then we can all relax and put down the torches and pitchforks.

Nick Hollingsworth
Birmingham - the land of the free and the home of the balti, but not the bmw.