Transforming abilities

From: Light Castle <light_castle_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 19:49:14 -0400

 I've got a new question. IT seems to me that HQ makes allowances for transforming an ability -- such as going from Venerate to Worship. Basically you keep the ability at the same rank, just rename it.

Do people do this for other abilities? It seems a good way to possibly model important relationships that change. After all, if your rating has a lot to do with how important it is to the story and not just how intense the relationship is, then you certainly shouldn't have to start from scratch everytime you want to redefine a relationship. (i.e. Husband of Aleana to Ex-Husband of Aleana)

But would you use this in other situations? If someone has a driving need to hunt for some ancient relic of his people, and then he finds it, would it make sense to just transform his "Hunts the Googly rock 8W" into "Googly Rock 8W" instead of having him buy "Googly Rock 13"?