Re: Digest Number 64

From: Timothy Byrd <timbyrd_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 08:05:11 -0700

Nick Hollingsworth:

> No. Because the ref, overcome with the excitement of rolling
> a bucket of 40 dice, has naffed-off and taken up Warhammer instead.

Actually, I've been thinking that HW may be the perfect rule set to run the Warhammer RPG. Occupations with skill keywords, hero/fate points, enough improvisation to encourage Chaos to break out at any moment - it's tailor-made! And HW really *needs* the Warhammer Critical Hit tables... ("Your eyes are riveted to the flexing of the ogre's muscles as he swings the great axe toward your unarmored body. The mighty stroke is true and . . . you lose some Action Points(tm)" <insert anticlimactic "wah wah wah" trombone sound>)