Injury Level of Followers

From: Rob Finnegan <rob_at_...>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 18:27:15 +0100

 It says that the injury level of followers after a defeat in a contest that they have participated in is one level more than the Hero (page 140). I think that this could be a bit too arbitrary and does not take into account any individuality of followers, which I think should be encouraged to stop them being used just as fodder.
Imagine the situation of a warband leader with 12 followers holding a pass while the rest of the army strike at a target fortification. The warband lose, a minor defeat. All 12 of the followers would be suffering -%50 to ability for the foreseeable future (minor defeat level plus one level more is a major defeat). I think that some would suffer more others less.

To reflect this I would propose that 10 is subtracted from the final APs, the 10 reflecting one level of defeat more. A suitable ability is then used in simple test against this value. A minor or major victory would decrease that individual followers wound level by one and complete victory by two. A defeat would leave the same wound and complete defeat increase the wound by a further level.

The example Warband Leader goes down to -15APs (a minor defeat), 10 is subtracted leaving 5W. Each followers Tough ability is pitted against this value. After the dice rolling it would leave one or two mealy dazed, a couple hurt, several remain injured and one or two dead!