Re: Terrify enemies with a shout!

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 15:12:56 -0000

>Say his opponents were forced to defend
> with their Quick rather than their Boxing, giving Ali the
advantage.
> So, how do you play the game to encourage those skills rather than
> just weighting Boxing skill?

Well thats therein lies the rub! It has to be player driven, but I guess you supply the clue to do so by having that kind of lateral attack done *to* them. In that way its similar to a magic attack. I lost a beautiful opportunity offered by a players ingenuity but was too blind to see it. I'm still a novice narrator. The player attacked a guy with his fierce roar (roleplayed it, and made everyone in the pub jump!)

The resistance I selected was sword and shield and nobody queried it. I didn't even apply an improv mod of -10! and to cap it all I didn't realise the missed opportunity until I was on the train home! Darn!

Rob