Re: Prax again

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 10:06:05 -0000

Actually, no. They need not be true (or in your case true-blue :) Shamans, the Waha and Eiritha 'heads', be they called Priest(esse)s, chiefs, or whatever, can fill fetishes & other Shamanistic functions as the 'Family Head' or whatever the phrase was in the HW Animist rules. But there will still be the different Traditions. I assume in such a culture (like the Grazers) everyone will learn the relevant Animist Tradition (probably, like the Grazers, as part of the magic keyword, as it'll be gender specific between Waha & Eiritha).

> To change this to the new animist ideas;
> The clan chief needs to have the support of a Waha shaman to refill
his
> magic.

No, he can D-I-Y.

> The clan herdmother is either a shaman herself or needs the support
of an
> Eirithan shaman to refill her magic.

She need not be a Shaman, but she can refil fetishes.

> Those clan wierdos that followed someother Praxian god are
completely
> stuffed. They may have a fetish or two but once it's used they have
to find
> a shaman to refill it.

Admittedly, there will be a shortage of variety of fetish-fillers, but really where did these weirdos start their worship if it's not available in their current clan?

Wulf