PraxPak Practical Proposal

From: Philippe Krait <philippe.krait_at_...-csf.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 11:15:59 +0100

Hi,

I have received some support and suggestions about my previous post, so I'll continue along the same lines.

As the general plan has not raised a lot of comments, let's get a bit more practical. IMNSHO, we would need :

  1. Start a General survey of what people would like to see in the PraxPak. For example, Prax Only ? or Prax and the Waste ? Current Prax ? Historic Prax (to play without the Lunars, or with Pavis (the guy) for example) ? Future Prax (Uber-arc) ? Description only ? Campaign Ideas ? Full Campaign (Borderlands) ? Scenarios ?

Any volunteer for that part ? (It could be me)

2) Somebody to collect information about all existing Prax Material and present it on a web site. The information should include :

And it should be possible to vote for it, indicating (Yes / No Option Button) whether one has read the article in question and whether one would like to see the information there included in a possible PraxPak (Option Button 1 to 5, 1 meaning "absolutely not", 2 "if there is room", 3 "It would be nice", 4 "It should be included", 5 "Absolutely mandatory"). It would be nice if there was a check so that people have to use the full scale for their answers (not all 5 for example)

As an example, we could have :

(You can see I like Cults of Prax, don't you ? :-)

As you can see, it would I think be necessary to "cut" big productions in separate parts, as some would be less interesting and others fundamental, or could have been covered elswehere (for example the section about the Invaders Deities of ... you've guessed I'm sure... Cults of Prax !).

Any volunteer for that part ? Greg(ory) most probably as he has already started, but I think that we need to go down into the details...

Actually it could be divided. I could take (for example :-) Cults of Prax, somebody could take care of ToTRM,... As long as there is a central co-ordinator.

Also, it might be worth mentionning that this "job" will probably derive into quite a bit of "getting authorisation 5w" and heavy "Converting to Hero Wars 13w3"...

3) Collect suggestions of missing bits in the description of Prax (xxx Riders, locations in Prax,...), In the same vein, a vote could be proposed to see if people would be interested by such new bits. Authors propositions would also be welcome...

Any volunteer for that part ?

4) Collect suggestions about Uber-Arcs. There is both an advantage and a difficulty here, I think. The advantage is that Prax and the Wastes, as Chris Ward mentions, don't seem extremely important in the Glorantha Uber-arc, so we have less risk of being "gregged". But the disadvantage would be that we would have to be heroic without being world-spanning, a fine exercise in balance. Chris Lamens has already made a suggestion, and I think we need many more, from a lot of different horizons before we start assembling our beloved Prax future...

Any volunteer for that part ?

5) Collect suggestions about translating to Hero Wars. This is probably going to be a very difficult place to be, if problems like "Waha / Eirithia / Storm Bull, Gods or Great Spirits" have to be addressed, but I think it is pretty fundamental that we get them out of the way real fast so as to be on the same wavelength...

Any volunteer for that part ?

All of these could be integrated as different "projects" on separate pages of a web site... As for this web site, I think that I've seen at least three proposals already. The main criterion for choice should be accessibility and upload possibility for all the volunteers. A bit more detail on the sites as they are now (so that PraxPak appears at a good place and not between "growing tomatoes using grub puree 2w1" and "Britney Spears vs Steps, an ambitious essay 1w1) and of their accessibility would allow us to make a good choice...

As an additional suggestion, I could start a new mailing list on eGroups to follow that topic (PraxPak), so that all the posts get concentrated there. There would still be "fall-outs" on the other ML, of course, but all the people concerned could.

As always, comments are more than welcome...

Philippe