RE: Re: Multiple attack the same "round" ?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 00:08:15 +0100

> For "Not an expert" you've gotten it exactly right.

!!!

Must have rolled a 1.

> I checked with my local Martial arts sensei - Other than very
> light Chinese swords, he couldn't think of another style with
> two swords (there is a new filipino matial art that uses
> 30-inch sticks, but it's been invented within the last 20
> years or so, from what I can gather).

We had this discussion in great detail a few months back, I forget on which list. The answer seems to be that if you want to use two full-size swords at once, you need magic, or the film choreographer on your side.

> By the way, there is two-sword use in "Scorpion King" -
> including oil-covered flaming swords

(wince) Both of the above....

> > (Aside: must remember to give my next PC a skill in
> something with a +10 bonus!)
>
> Caber (from the Ars Magica 4th edition weapons list...)

Ooh! But too late - I came over all mythically correct, and gave her a javelin :(