Qs on Theistic Skills

From: Richard Addy <rmaddy_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 08:12:22 -0400

I'm a bit confused on some of the abilities related to the theistic folks ... (mainly Divine Intervention stuff)

What is the Initiate of/Devoted to relationships used for? DI specifically for an individual from their god? DI in general fro mtheir god? Would a Devotee of Ernalda use her Worship Earth Pantheon score or her Devoted to Ernalda score if she needed DI for the crops around her land?

Would an Initiate of Orlanth use his Worship Storm Pantheon score if he needed to heal a mortal wound, since Healing really isn't a thing Orlanth does?

God-talkers have a Perform Sacrifice ability. How is this different from Worship [pantheon]?

I must say that one my first reading of the book, I'm coming down square in the camp of folks who would like a bit more solidity in ability descriptions. It's all very mushy - I can easily see a lot of trouble between narrators and players based on each side having different expectations of the utility of certain abilities.

Richard