RE: Re: How to use this charm?

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 16:06:35 -0500

>From: bethexton_at_...

>But what if this helps call an embodied spirit? What if "ward camp"
>isn't a precise spirit name, but rather a more general description.
>In this case, maybe it helps you call upon the local landscape spirit
>(s), if any, to ward your camp. It would help you roll to
>sacrifice/propitiate appropriately, getting a temporary benefit.

That's kinda what I was getting at. Think of these spirits as landscape spirits of campsites who can become guardians of a theoretical sort of hero band that comprises those at the campsite and lasts for the night.

What's really nifty is that campsites that are used a lot would probably count as sacred sites for the purpose of a ritual bonus to summon such a spirit (it's there, but dormant because people don't live here regularly to need it's support). So even the lowliest of spiritualists can have a good shot at summoning one for the night at certain spots. But it probably takes a practitioner to do it consistently at an impromptu campsite.

Mike