RE: Re: Religion and Childbirth

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 21:12:58 +0100

> I'm thinking that if a woman is in good
> standing with their culture at all that they probably
> wouldn't have to have
> a relationship with the temple to get the support of the
> mother cult. They
> wouldn't be able to augment with the non-existent
> relationship, but the
> cult's magic would still be very important, I'd think.
>
> Or do the Ernaldan's really withhold their services from an
> initiate of Issaries who is about to give birth?

Not if the Issaries initiate is in their clan, no, surely not? Children are part of the clan, and a vital part, after all.

Of course, generous gifts to the Ernaldans afterwards would be a good idea. And beforehand.

And the next time the Ernaldans want some trading done, you can guess who currently owes them the biggest favour. But that's how clan life works - you all help each other.