Re: Religion & childbirth

From: Paul May <kax_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 19:15:11 +1000

At 07:01 PM 22/07/04, Jane wrote:
>Not if the Issaries initiate is in their clan, no, surely not? Children
>are part of the clan, and a vital part, after all.
>
>Of course, generous gifts to the Ernaldans afterwards would be a good
>idea. And beforehand.
>
>And the next time the Ernaldans want some trading done, you can guess who
>currently owes them the biggest favour. But that's how clan life works -
>you all help each other.

  So there's another augment: the clan wyter, and possibly the spirit of the birthing-house as well, can aid the birth, the survival of both mother and child and maybe keep down the pain. And/or force the father to share and maybe reduce it...

Paul May
0409544095

Any opinion expressed is mine, no matter where I got it from, and I retain all rights to it, should it prove to be of any value.

---