RE: Re: Religion and Childbirth

From: Mike Holmes <homeydont_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:40:59 -0500

>From: "jeffrichard68" <jeff.richard_at_...>

>Other cultures generally have similar features. Maybe it is a
>spirit instead of a god, or maybe it is a liturgical blessing
>instead of a spirit. Most women will be aided by their culture's
>childbirth magic - unless they follow some magical entity that is
>opposed by the culture's childbirth magic. But those women are
>mainly player characters.

OK, that's precisely thye sort of opinion that I was looking for. If I might attempt to summarize:

Women get augments from appropriate relationships with appropriate people. But, in general, all women get "medical attention" from the "mother" type cults unless they belong to a cult that's more or less opposed to the Mother cult. So this is what different sorts can expect from :

Ernaldan (belongs to the mother cult): relationship with Mother cult, and magic support.
Vingan (belongs to the culture, but not the cult): magic support - which is probably the most important anyhow.
Humakti (belongs to opposing cult): no support at all from the mother cult.

Makes a lot of sense to me. Again, too, I like the idea of the mother "owing" the mother cult if she's not in it. Paid before or after, depending.

Mike

Overwhelmed by debt? Find out how to �Dig Yourself Out of Debt� from MSN Money. http://special.msn.com/money/0407debt.armx