Re: Nandan

From: Nick Eden <nick_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 07:21:08 +0100

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:28:20 +0100, you wrote:

>> Well, according to some sources they can. They need to
>> perform a difficult heroquest of Nandan to gain access to
>> what is normally women's magic to assist the process, but it
>> is possible.
>>
>> Robin Laws talked about this when discussing Hero Wars
>> shortly before publication, has anything appeared about
>> Nandan since?
>
>He's in ST pp 224-225.
>
>And he's been toned down.
>
>"Although Nandan's worshippers act as women in almost all ways,
>physically they remain men. Thus, they are unable to bear children, and
>so can never attain all of Ernalda's blessings in this life."
>
>Fair enough - I'm not aware of any cult that lets a woman *father* a
>child.

I think a combination of the Niskis Virility feat and the Niskis 'Please Women' secret _might_ be able to get a child on one who really wanted one - the secret ensures that the woman is always left happy, with no unwanted child, so by extension, for a woman who desperately wanted one it should leaver her happily pregnant.

I imagine though that there are No Vingan-Niskis devotees out there.

That is an Orlanthi No or course, which I can't remember if we've defined, but plainly means 'Player Characters only'.