Re: benchmarks

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 14:59:29 -0000

> Yes, but you should still be able to define levels of compentency
in both
> systems and relate them to one another. If you define four levels
of
> competency, for example: apprentice, professional, veteran, and
elite;
> what values do they correspond to in RQ and HW

These would fit my old RQ2/3 campaign...

Beginners in RQ had 30%-40%, in HW they have 13 Competents had 50%-60%, now they have 17 Professionals had 75%-90% (OK, that's a damn good professional), now they have 1W-5W (best starter skills)
Elites had 150%-200% (too bloody elitist for my campaign), now it's xW2 or higher.

Basically, if they don't have a Mastery, they're 'ordinary', if they have xW1, they're 'good', with xW2 they're 'notable', with xW3 they're fairly 'Heroic', with xW4 they're 'Heroic' to 'Deitific'!

Wulf