Re: Re: benchmarks

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 11:07:43 -0400

> These would fit my old RQ2/3 campaign...
>
> Beginners in RQ had 30%-40%, in HW they have 13
> Competents had 50%-60%, now they have 17
> Professionals had 75%-90% (OK, that's a damn good professional), now
> they have 1W-5W (best starter skills)
> Elites had 150%-200% (too bloody elitist for my campaign), now it's
> xW2 or higher.
>
> Basically, if they don't have a Mastery, they're 'ordinary', if they
> have xW1, they're 'good', with xW2 they're 'notable', with xW3
> they're fairly 'Heroic', with xW4 they're 'Heroic' to 'Deitific'!
>
> Wulf

This is more or less what I do. But I wave my arms a lot. I would note that many of the conventions of RQ just don't convert over well -- the prevalence of cheap and easy healing makes for a different head-set and threat values. In fact, some of the things that were trival in RQ become very dangerous indeed -- battles for instance and others that were glossed over, such as rituals, become of the utmost importance.

But then the foci has changed -- its not what you can do for yourself, but what you can do for those who support, serve and protect you. Strange to say, but I find HW has more 'warm fuzzies' in it.

Jeff