Re: Initiates using feats.

From: Paul Andrew King <paul_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 19:26:25 +0100

>Paul Andrew King made a couple of points, to which I
>say:
>
> - Buying up individual feats isn't worth it, unless
>you want one feat at a far greater utility than your
>affinity would allow.

Which is likely to be the case for some characters - and it can be done while still saving points for other abilities. Given that there is an incentive to improve important abilities whenever the "game-related" cost applies that can be important. And while it's a bit "cheesy" I can't see anything that stops a player form choosing to improve an affinity by +1 and a feat within that affinity for +1 without incurring the penalty for improving an ability by more than +1 which is an efficient way of improving that feat quickly

> - You can easily start with decent active magic, just
>concentrate on something. You could also add 10 to two
>affinities (which makes the most sense ecconomically)
>to give you 2W in all feats within those affinities.

Except that improving affinities even at character creation is triple cost, according to the FAQ.

"...raising an affinity by +1 costs 3 hero points, and it costs 3 points during character creation as well".

Which gives another reason for improving a feat - you can afford to start with +10 in a feat even with the standard 20 point allocation.

--
--
Guide to Taoism_

Paul K.