Re: Initiates using feats.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 18:35:45 +0100

[stand-alone feats vs. 'narrow' affinities]

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 02:28:49PM -0500, Mike Holmes wrote:
> >It has that effect, certainly, but also one other -- it's also thrice as
> >expensive to raise. (I was suggesting unbundling the two, but there's
> >probably a can of worms there.)

> Good point, Alex. But I think that's also beneficial. As I said it makes the
> options completely balanced, and thus makes getting your own feats "easier"
> in that there's less social barrier (likely).

I think it probably overbalances it too far the other way, but that of course is a function of what in-game effect one thinks is correct/wants to achieve.

At any rate, the two ('affinityness' and thus improvisation mods on the one had, and 'width' on the other) are in principle separable, though Benedict's page/article on widths in general pretty covers that, anway...

Cheers,
Alex.